- Probable Cause: The 5070 SBUS card is not adequately cooled.
- Solution: Try to improve cooling inside the case. Clean dust from the fans,
re-organize the cards so the raid card is closest to the fan, etc. On some
of the "pizza box" sun cases (e.g. SPARC 20) you may need to add
supplementary cooling fans especially if you have it loaded with cards.
- Cause: More than one backend in the RAID 3/4/5 has failed (i.e. there is
no longer sufficient redundancy to enable the lost data to be reconstructed).
- Solution: You're hosed ... Sorry.
If you did not assign spares when you
configured you RAID 3/4/5 now may be a good time to re-consider the wisdom
of that decision. Hopefully you have been making regular backups. Since now
you will have to replace the defective drives, re-configure the RAID, and restore
the data from a secondary source.
- Suspected Cause: Incorrect settings in the disk label set by fdisk (or
whatever partitioning utility you used). This message seems to happen when
you choose one of the preset disk labels rather than "Custom with autoprobed
- Solution: Since this error does not seem to effect the operation of the
drive you can choose to do nothing and be ok. If you want to correct it you
can try re-labeling the disk or re-partitioning the disk and choose "Custom
with autoprobed defaults." If you are installing RedHat Linux from scratch
the installer will get all of this right for you.