The Linux Tips HOWTO
Paul Anderson, v3.6, June 1998
This HOWTO contains those hard to find hints and tweekings that make Linux a bit nicer.
- 2.1 Handy Syslog Trick Paul Anderson, Tips-HOWTO maintainer
- 2.2 Script to view those compressed HOWTOs. Didier Juges,
- 2.3 Is there enough free space??? Hans Zoebelein,
- 2.4 Util to clean up your logfiles. Paul Anderson, Tips-HOWTO Maintainer>
- 2.5 Handy Script to Clean Up Corefiles. Otto Hammersmith,
- 2.6 Moving directories between filesystems. Alan Cox,
- 2.7 Finding out which directories are the largest. Mick Ghazey,
- 2.8 The Linux Gazette
- 2.9 Pointer to patch for GNU Make 3.70 to change VPATH behavior.
- 2.10 How do I stop my system from fscking on each reboot? Dale Lutz,
- 2.11 How to avoid fscks caused by "device busy" at reboot time. Jon Tombs,
- 2.12 How to find the biggest files on your hard-drive.
- 2.13 How to print pages with a margin for hole punching. Mike Dickey,
- 2.14 A way to search through trees of files for a particular regular expression.
- 2.15 A script for cleaning up after programs that create autosave and backup files.
- 2.16 How to find out what process is eating the most memory. Simon Amor,
- 2.17 Rigging vi for C programming, Paul Anderson,
- 2.18 Using ctags to ease programming.
- 2.19 Why does sendmail hang for 5 minutes on startup with RedHat? Paul Anderson,
- 2.20 How do I configure RedHat for using color-ls? Paul Anderson,
- 2.21 How do I find which library in /usr/lib holds a certain function? Pawel Veselow,
- 2.22 I compiled a small test program in C, but when I run it, I get no output!