This tag is automatic so it IS the reference.
(Sometimes I forget to update the version number and the date)
$Id: PLIP-Install-HOWTO.sgml,v 1.31 2001/04/20 23:03:11 gilles Exp $
- v1.31, 21 April 2001
- Corrected a bad url in section "Installing RedHat
7.0". Thanks Leonard.
- Corrected broken links find by the nice
- v1.30, 13 April 2001
- Added section "Installing RedHat 7.0". Thanks Leonard.
- v1.28, 18 December 2000
- Corrected more mistakes in my English. Thanks again Graham.
- v1.27, 11 August 2000
- The SLIP line was not needed, SLIP is serial line
oriented. The PPP line was partly wrong, we need PPP support by
- Corrected more mistakes in my English, though I know
that more remain and new ones come every time I write a
- Added a "compatibility with a printer" section.
- Added a Null-Printer == Null-Modem comment.
- Added a "build your own cable" section.
- Corrected a bug in the Slackware section.
IP adresses). Thanks to Brad Rigby.
- Removed obsolete paragraph from the "Introduction" section.
- Added request for information about translations in
the "Introduction" section.
- Mentioned the "what's new section" at the top of the
- Added a vc-header in the What's new section
- Added the WHAT_IS_NEW label
- v1.22, 16 June 2000
- Added a mention to PARTED
http://www.gnu.org/software/parted as told by Andrew Clausen
- Added section Installing Slackware, RedHat, or
Caldera, by Florent SAUNIER.
- Corrected some English faults, thanks to Graham and
- v1.15, 26 November 1999
- The section "What's new". It is this section.
- The section "Install the plip interface permanently".
- The section "List of contributors and acknowledgements".
- Joined the different chapters dealing with the
detailed Debian installation to form a single chapter with the
actual chapters as just subsections.
- Made a new section "Installing from a DOS
partition". A simpler and faster method.